6.19.2013

Red Lion -- Revisited

On a lazy Sunday my colleagues and I were miraculously off work on the same day, those things just don't happen. So what shall you do a fairly rainy sunday? You drink beer and eat bar food. So we went to Red Lion because I had recommended the ribs there, ironically none of us ordered them. I had the fish and chips since I had been curious about it ever since I saw the menu. The dish didn't disappoint me. Crispy deep fried batter with a lovely sea salt sprinkle on top. Smooth remulade sauce and of course, the fries/chips. The fish was tender moist and pretty awesomely cooked. It wasn't dry or felt like it had been lying in the freezer for 6 months and the just tossed in the deep frier with some mediocre batter. The only thing was that it was a large piece of fish, a thick one which is not my cup of tea. I prefer slim ones so I get more deep fried goodieness! kekekeke ^^


My colleague ordered the cheeseburger which I also had a try on. it was ok. not good, not bad. ok. the burger was a bit dry according to my colleague. I thought the meat was well seasoned yet, I'm not particulary of a large piece of patty.
 He also had complaints about the lack of fries.

My other colleague was a bit of a daredevil and ordered the Chef's inspiration from the sea which today was Mackerel in a foil pack, apperently. She was pleased. She enjoys food she can't cook at home, however she can't even boil potatoes so I'm not sure how much I trust her judgement, höhöhö.

There is always room for dessert. And we barely had, but yet we ordered the Crème brûlée. I'm not an expert (hence the title), but is it supposed to be cold and runny? 


I was too rapacious and eager that I totally forgot to take a pic before I started munching on it. The cracking of the sugery top was not as satisfiying as I've been told it's supposed to be, but perhaps it's because I find other things in life more exciting.


 It was still a pretty fine dessert with a special guest apperance of strawberries in passion fruit soup (?)


I had the Krusovice and my colleagues had something starting with an G and the other one and something starting with a S. and we liked it ^^

Over all, it's still a nice place for me to go to with my friends to enjoy bar food and beer. We'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment